Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ahh Saturday

This Saturday was uncharacteristic for me because I got up before noon. I woke up at 10:00, made some coffee, watched a little tv to help me wake up (ha ha)and then attempted to study. I don't know what the deal has been lately but every single time I have good intentions and try to study the real world intervenes. Kris's car died yesterday. I tried to jump it off, but apparently when the motor is completely dead that doesn't really matter.

Today I was just sitting down to study when I hear the doorbell ring. I'm not so good with unexpected visitors. I wish I was. The problem is I'm just not comfortable being around people when I have no makeup on. I wish I was, but it's just a fact of life. On this day I had on no makeup, a giant zit, slept-in hair, and pajamas (with no bra of course) on. Fortunately it was just Kris's dad and brother there to work on his car and they weren't requiring me to entertain them. After they let me know they were there I immediately scrambled to put on makeup and you know, real clothes. After 2 hours of work and 1 trip to O'Reilly's, they declared the car DOA. Kris rode back with them to Kosciusko to grab my dad's old car.

So after a late lunch I set to work on finishing up a lecture and re-taking one of the dreaded psychiatry quizzes. After 3 takes (with a 3 take limit) I finally made a 100 on it. Now I just have to retake 2 more. Goodbye much needed hours of my life.

While printing out some of our "independent study" documents for pharm I realized I was running out of ink. By the way, I like how teachers call something "independent study" when they really just want to give you more stuff to learn and test you on but not be responsible for teaching it to you. I've never had my ink cartridge refilled, but heard it could be done. I poked around online and figured out Walgreen's was having a $5 ink cartridge refill sale that ended today! Of course I took them up on that.

My best friend Julz happened to be in town this weekend so I decided to hijack her and take her along for the ride. I wanted to visit with her but knew I didn't have any time to do anything FUN. I'm stuck in the nerd hole but can't seem to get anything accomplished this weekend. Anyway, we made it to Walgreen's, got the ink, I saved $12 and got super excited.

Now I'm back home wondering how I'm going to cover 42 lectures worth of information in the next few days. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Cover the 42 lectures like I did with Prev Med...start looking at them, decide it's common sense and you can wait until much closer to the test (maybe a dumb move on my part, but I'm putting it off), and consider that many lectures "done."