Saturday, February 21, 2009

All Clean, All Better

Ah, my house is clean! Last night Kris let me know that his little brother and little brother's fiance were coming into town. This always ends up with us having dinner together, then the boys drinking beer and playing video games, the girls talking about wedding shenanigans and school stuff (she's in nursing school), and late night trips to get ice cream. Needless to say, it's a good time and it's always a good surprise when I hear that they're coming into town.

The house has been a wreck for the last few weeks what with the painting of the living room and test week and all. I decided with company coming into town it was high time to remedy that. So I woke up bright and early (read - 10:00) this morning and cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned... I cleaned the guest room, the guest bathroom, swept the floors, filed bills. Now the house looks livable and I feel about a thousand times better.

I studied for a good long while yesterday so I don't feel too bad for taking the night off. The one thing I hate the most about med school is the fact that even when you're doing productive and necessary things like, I don't know - laundry, cleaning the house, grocery shopping, cooking, taking a bath, running, etc... you feel GUILTY. You feel guilty because you're not studying. Maybe that's just me. It seems to be the consensus among a good many of us though. I'm not letting the guilt get to me as much lately, but I know this summer is going to be hard what with the STEP looming and all. I'll need a little of that guilt to get me motivated to study while it's all sunny and beautiful outside and everyone's playing. Anyway, that's enough for today. I'm off to fit in a lecture before they arrive. Hope everyone's weekends have been fabulous :)

No comments: