Thursday, April 9, 2009

Penelope, ftw

I've been meaning to let everyone know we finally gave the pup a name - Penelope!!! I know it wasn't even in the running, but as soon as Kris said that one I knew it was right - just enough sweetness and just enough spunk.

I can't get over how much smarter girl dogs are than boy dogs. This pup is tiny - 9 weeks old - can be held with one hand, and has already learned to walk over to the door when she needs to go outside to potty. AMAZING.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just because she's still a puppy and growing, but I love how you can plop her down on her big doggy pillow/bed and she'll just cuddle up and go to sleep without protest. Puppies = awesome.

P.S. - Mama, mark your calender for September 1st - September 25th. I'll be working with Dr. Holdiness (score!) and eating up all the good food you're going to cook for me and entertaining you with crazy patient stories. :)

3 comments:

R said...

OH I LOVE THE NAME!! She does look like a little Penelope! I wan't to see her while she is still a pup!!

tinyletters said...

Love it!

frylime said...

oh cute! penelope is a good name!