Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Derm, Really?

So, I took the same aptitude test my friend E over at frylime.blogspot.com did and here's my top 12 results:

Rank Specialty Score
1 dermatology 46
2 pediatrics 44
3 ophthalmology 44
4 plastic surgery 43
5 emergency med 41
6 gastroenterology 41
7 neurosurgery 40
8 rheumatology 40
9 pulmonology 40
10 anesthesiology 40
11 radiology 40
12 radiation oncology 40

Guess where family medicine ranked? Dead last... (Amy, I know you're smirking right now) I definitely don't want to/wouldn't even be able to if I wanted to do derm, so that's out. It's kind of funny peds is 2nd on the list because lately I've been swaying in that direction. I get WAY more excited about the younger patients that come to the family med clinic. Plus, they usually don't have HTN or diabetes yet, and if they do there's time to change it - or at least the severity of it.

Mother, I'm sure you and Auntie are excited about #8. :)

Gotta go give my last busy work presentation of the year. Wahoo!!!

4 comments:

tinyletters said...

Sway over to peds anytime!!! We welcome all the cool peeps!

Amy said...

Was my smirk that apparent all the way through cyberspace??
Didn't you consider optometry at one time before you went pre-med, or am I just imagining that?

frylime said...

peds peds peds!!!

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

Peds, FTW :)