Sunday, April 5, 2009

i LOVE group projects

Can you sense the sarcasm? Actually it's not that bad I don't guess. I had all guys in my group this time and it went really smoothly. Except for the fact that that's all I've done this entire weekend because I had to put in 6hrs just for my part and now I have the wonderful job of compiling everyone else's info into a Powerpoint. Not sure how we're going to get through 30 slides in 10 minutes. I guess we'll just read them like our professors do. Ha.

In other exciting news - wait for it, wait for it...

We got a new puppy today! She's a black cocker spaniel and she's already christened our house with poop. She's 9 weeks and really playful. Surprisingly she hasn't cried or barked yet. I think we're going to get along just fine. Pictures and updates to come. Not sure what we're going to name her, but I'm hoping for "Sassy." All suggestions in the comments section will be considered.

Meeting with my group and getting the dog took up most of my day today. Yesterday was filled with working on my part of the group presentation and sleeping 'til noon. Friday I went to my uncle's retirement party and looked at a lecture or two. So all in all it's been a fun weekend, but not a productive weekend. I know I keep saying it, but I've GOT to get serious.

Oh yeah classmates, guess what I got to (had to?) do with my preceptor Thursday?
If you guessed a digital rectal exam, you guessed right. Fortunately it was on a female to check for occult blood so I didn't have to worry about feeling for the prostate. It wasn't nearly as horrible as I thought it would be. (I was REALLY dreading doing one of those.) Here's all the awkward "procedures" I've done so far:
*venipuncture (as of Wednesday)
*digital rectal exam (as of Thursday)
*Pap smears/bimanual pelvic exams (several during the summer with family med)
*stapled an inebriated man's huge scalp laceration (probably 4-5") back together (during the summer in the ED).

GET EXCITED:
5 more days of class
5 more tests (UMC)
4 more national boards
1 giant STEP

No comments: