Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Break is Here?!?!?

Well, according to my calender it's spring break starting right now. It doesn't feel like it though. It's raining. My house is a mess. I've got two slightly damp and stinky dogs in the house. To top it off - my hot water heater decided to be ridiculous and finally just give up. We arrived home last night to a long trail of water leading from the hot water heater closet in the garage down the driveway. On an optimistic note - thank goodness it's in the garage and not in the house! Thanks goodness we purchased the homeowners' warranty and all I had to do was send an e-mail. Perhaps someone will be here within the day. Thank goodness no carpet was ruined! Although it did leak a little on my rolled up area rug that was in the garage. I had to put it out there when I realized our precious Woodrow was peeing on it. I'm not bringing it back in until he hasn't peed in the house for like 8 weeks at least. Right now we're at 1 week. Beagles are notoriously hard to housebreak so please don't give me any grief. I'm still not too keen on crating. I know it works. I just don't know how humane it is to put a wound up dog in a box and leave him there. Blame my gentle heart. Ha. If this goes on much longer though - fool is getting a box...

I'm babysitting my sister's dog Molly while she goes off to New Orleans with her hubbie for the weekend. It's her mother-in-law's 60th birthday bash. Nice. The funny thing is that when Molly (a HUGE black lab/Wemereiner (sp?) mix) came in the house our cat Meery Bob walked right up to her and proceeded to greet her like a dog. She sniffed noses and kind of stood beside her with her tail up and let her sniff. That cat thinks she's a dog. It's pretty funny. She's not scared at all.

My sis told me her hot water heater and air conditioner had broken as well within the last week. A classmate told me he replaced his hot water heater 2 days ago. Another friend flooded her bathroom yesterday. What is the deal? I guess when it rains it pours. I'm about to eat something yummy and relax for a bit before cleaning house. Fun!

1 comment:

julzjubilee said...

Glad to see that you are having an interesting Spring Break at the least. If it is any consolation, I could never put Thatcher in his crate when I left. He sleeps in it at night and doesn't whine or anything. When I leave, I put him in the kitchen (where the floor is all tile) with a baby gate up so he can't get out. That way he doesn't chew up or pee all over my house, but he still has lots of space to play.
So, what I'm saying is, just do what works for you and Woodrow!