Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Over Already?!?!?

How in the heck is Spring Break over already? I was just starting to hit my stride. It was nice to have time to tend to my house and garden. Today was another super productive day in that arena. After a glamorous Sunday morning breakfast at Waffle House with K I made my 3rd or 4th Wal-Mart trip of the week. I got more paint for the living room. This is the 4th color I've bought. I FINALLY got it right though. I managed to come home, put in a new dryer vent, do some laundry, paint the living room, do some more laundry, then plant a bunch of plants. I love it. I had a feeling there was a problem with my dryer when I had to let my clothes dry for 5 hours before they were dry. I was worried a new vent wouldn't fix it, but it did. Hooray! I consider all the housework I did this week Step study. If I hadn't gone ahead and gotten it done I wouldn't have been able to think about studying. As for ACTUAL Step study - I got 1 hour in. Nice. Half of that was doing 20 questions. Just enough to make me realize I don't remember crap but everything looks familiar. I'm kind of glad I didn't study a lot this week because now I'm not dreading it at all. It's so funny how you can get used to things. At the beginning of last year I had no clue how to study and definitely didn't have the ability to study for an entire day or an entire night. I'd never done it before. Now it's the norm. Anyway, on to more interesting things...

Kris and I went to a new place the other night - the 930 Blues Cafe. It's near State and Congress St., so it's not for the faint of heart. I had my pepper spray and 2 men with me. The music was amazing though and I really liked the atmosphere. I like going to bars/clubs where you can sit down - you know - RELAX. Some people got up and danced a little, so that was entertaining too. The table in front of us was reserved for the Sweet Potato Queens, but they never showed. This is not the really interesting part though. Kris and I had been out and about the whole day doing other things and Woodrow had been a good boy all day. We just assumed he'd be good the rest of the night.

WRONG.

He DESTROYED Kris's captain's chair AKA the recliner. It already had the tiniest little rip in the seat. That was all Woodrow needed. He completely ripped the fabric the rest of the way off the seat. Then he ripped up all the stuffing that was on the inside. It is a mess. So the next day I went off in search of a crate. Ha ha. I ended up going with Julia's method of a gate instead. Crates are freakin' expensive. We have gated him in the kitchen both times that we've left the house today and it's worked really well! We put his bed, food, water, and a toy in there and so far he's been great. We came home tonight to find him hanging out on his pillow. Nothing was torn up. It was wonderful.

Tomorrow we find out our tentative rotation schedule for next year. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

julzjubilee said...

yay!! I'm so glad its working. It was by far the method that worked best for me. Good luck!

R said...

When my yorkie was a puppy, we kept him in the kitchen with the baby gate! He has never torn up anything! I still can't believe that he destroyed your chair! Bad Woodrow!