Monday, March 2, 2009

Chopped Salad!

I *actually* cooked today. Wahoo!!! After I pried myself off the treadmill and made it home I threw some frozen chicken breasts in the oven with a little butter, S&P, and Mrs. Dash's spicy blend. Then I started chopping.

I chopped lettuce and avocado. Then I chopped the chicken. Then I threw it all together with some black beans and Mexicali corn. Then I got REALLY fancy and put a little avocado in my food processor along with some light ranch, lime juice, and Mrs. Dash's spicy blend. I ended up with a delicious chopped chicken salad. I was very proud of myself because I have never really thought I made a good salad at home. Now I know you just have to chop everything up really small and let the flavors meld. Yum yum. I was going to take a picture, but I'm lazy and I couldn't stop eating long enough.

While all this was going on Kris and I took turns playing a game he brought home from work. He's a manager at a local gaming store. The game is called "Lips" I think. Basically it's karaoke for the Wii and they give you points based on your performance. So so so fun and hilarious. I think I nearly burst his eardrums with my rendition of Beyonce's "Irreplaceable." That poor boy. I didn't get very many points on that one, but I really blew them away with "Love Song" - better known as the "I'm not gonna write you a love song" song.

After eating and shenanigans Kris was back to work for a midnight promotion for some new game that's coming out and I was off to renal pathology land. Yes, I still wasn't finished looking at it for the first time until today. Yes we covered it 3 weeks ago. Yes I'm still not sure if I know ANY of it. Oh well. I wasn't a total slacker today. I did go to all of my classes except 1 and then I came home and watched it on my computer. Don't you love technology?

1 comment:

frylime said...

i want some chopped salad...