Sunday, March 8, 2009

Slacker

Well, I'm back home after an exhilarating weekend. I actually got home at about 2:00 this afternoon, but I've been attempting to study since then. So far all I've managed to do is finish up some online quizzes and go through all the old path tests. I still need to run back through some of my path notes because apparently I don't know too much about urinalysis or body fluids. The test I'm dreading the most this block is by far pharm. It's never been my strong suit, but I'm dreadfully aware of the lack of effort I've put forth this block. Now - for the interesting stuff...

Kris and I made it to Oxford Thursday night and split up - him with his guy friends, me with my girl friend. That sounds funny. Anyway, I picked up my friend Julz from Volta and then we swung by the drive-through coffee place and went back to her house. I had my computer in front of me, but didn't get too much studying done.

Friday afternoon we went to a relatively new place in Oxford called Honeybee's (Bakery or Cafe? I can't remember) for lunch. We both had the pork tenderloin sandwich with caramelized onions, spiced apples, brown sugar rum sauce, spinach, and cheese. It was A-MAZ-ING. I managed to resist all their pretty little cupcakes, pecan tarts, and brownies. Then we went to Belk to pick up a wedding gift. Julz found some jeans. I found a precious black brocade skirt straight out of the 1950s but it was a size too big. Darn... Not sure if I would have worn it that much anyway. We then went to the coffee shop for a while. I actually got a little studying done. Julz read through a case or two. Then we noticed Buffalo Peak was having a sidewalk sale. I really needed a new fleece. It's not that mine is falling apart. I'm pretty sure they're indestructible. I've just had the same black fleece since 2006 or so and now that I have a white dog that sheds a lot it doesn't really work out well. So I got a green Mountain Hardware jacket that's fleecy on the inside and water-resistant (and I'm pretty sure dog fur resistant) on the outside. Exciting!

Then we did our nails, went to Newk's and had dinner with Kris and 2 of his friends, went to the concert, then Chicken-on-a-Stick, then home. The concert was great. I saw an M1 there and we were both like - "What are we doing here?!?! We have tests next week!!!" It made me feel a little better about playing hooky. Kris managed to get 2 records at the concert. Our collection (mostly his) is really growing!

Saturday I rode to Kosciusko with Julz for a wedding shower. I got a little studying done in the car on the way there. The shower was fun and the food was soooo yummy. I'm probably going straight to hell for eating chicken on a stick at 1:00 in the morning and then oreo cheesecake at 2:00pm on the same day. That's just not right. I had some oatmeal in between, so they cancel each other out, right? If that wasn't enough we went to the pre-bachelorette party dinner at 5:30 and had pizza. Yikes. It was fun though. Then it was back to Oxford (with a feeble attempt to study on the way). I got a little more studying done that night and then rode back to Jackson with Kris this morning.

The poor cat missed us so much she made herself sick - literally. I got to clean up 2 piles of something that came out of her. I'm not sure what it was. Now I must quit typing and attempt to cram some more info in before 9:00 tomorrow morning. Here's our schedule for the week if you're interested:

Monday - 9:00am - Pathology Test #5 (of 6 total) 18hrs of lecture covered

Tuesday - 9:00am - Biostats Test #1 (of 2) 11 lectures; 1:00pm - Preventive Medicine Test #1 20 hours of lecture/readings

Wednesday - 9:00am - Pharmacology Test #5 20 hrs of lecture

Thursday - 9:00am - Psychiatry Test #1 4 hrs lecture/1000000hrs of ridiculous quizzes

Friday - 9:00am - ICM Test #5 12 hrs of lecture

3 MORE WEEKS OF CLASS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

One of my best friends works at the Honeybee place and keeps telling me that I "HAVE TO GO." Since that would require being in Oxford, not sure when that will happen. And Chicken-on-a-stick...I'm so jealous. And Volta...and everywhere else. I miss the old days. I do think that whoever made the decision to move the medical school to Jackson was smart...can you imagine being in Oxford full-time while dealing with med school? That would be nuts.