Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009 is here and today I am attempting to get organized and ready for it. I started cleaning up everything Christmas-related on the 26th and I am STILL putting it all away. I have to make another trip to Wal-Mart today for one of those giant Rubbermaid bins.

There's rooms to be swept, rugs to be vacuumed, laundry to be laundered, and dishes to be washed. Plus there's always exercise to be done since it's the obligatory time of year for that sort of thing. I'm thinking yoga tonight since I'm battling a pretty nasty "cold" right now. Running is out with the sore throat and the fact that my head pounds every time I move it too quickly. Kris has this "cold" too, but unfortunately for him he has to go to work.

We both felt like crap yesterday but had planned on going to Bonefish with a group for the last 2 or 3 weeks so we put on our grown-up pants and went. Julia made reservations 2 weeks ago for 8:00. We got there promptly at 8:15 of course and the place was PACKED! There was standing room only and every 5 seconds you had to move in order for someone to scoot by. It wasn't looking good. But after an hour and a half we finally got our table that we had reserved. Kris had a NY strip and I had Lily's chicken (spinach, goat cheese, artichoke hearts) and garlic whipped potatoes. The food was great. We sat across from Hannah and J.R. - Julia's sister and brother-in-law. They live in North Carolina and have been listening to a David Sedaris book on cd which I happened to get for Christmas so we had plenty to talk about. All in all it was a fun night, but when 11:00 rolled around and they were headed to the actual party we were both exhausted. We went home, put on our pajamas, and got in bed. We didn't really intend to fall asleep before the new year, but of course we did.

Mom's headed to our house right now to give us our Christmas presents. I think that's a great way to start off the new year :)

No comments: