Thursday, January 28, 2010

Runner's Log

1.5 miles; 286.66 to go

Quotable Quote of the Day - from the VA

Joe Veteran, obese, in wheelchair: That's gonna make you fat, you know...

Me: It's a DIET Coke. Zero calories.

Joe Veteran: Say, when are you girls going to graduate to be nurses?

(We all have on white coats that say School of Medicine)

Me: NEVER.
Austin: We'll be doctors in a year.

Female in elevator: Well, my husband is having surgery today and his surgeon is a LADY! and BLACK!!! (said in such an incredulous way) He's just so impressed with her! It's amazing how things are now!

*slap myself on the forehead*

-10 points for feminism and the civil rights movement

2 comments:

frylime said...

i've been hit on every day this week. my favorite encounter involved a man asking me if i was asian because of my "eyes"...while he is totally checking me out. in that gross kind of way. of course i'm asian. ugh.

julzjubilee said...

bahahaha, so funny!!! sad, yet funny. At least I'll be able to tell people I don't want to work with them. Oh wait, that's if I ever get a job and assuming I actually graduate...=)