Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yeah, U Be Real Educated...

I saw this on facebook and had to post. My mother taught at Durant High for a number of years. This is the typical student. I could barely understand this, but the response is my favorite part:

>>Like<< Durant High kicked me (Back) Out N Skool ova N 2wks...smh...Ion kno If dey gn let me Walk R Wut...Ion even giv A F*ck, F*ck It...

Response: damn G f*ck it ...u knw u Educated


For those of you who aren't as fluent in ebonics as I am, this should read:

Like, Durant High kicked me back out and school is over in 2 weeks. I don't know if they are going to let me walk or what. I don't even give a F. F it.

Honestly, do these kids deserve to graduate high school? I can't stand kids today with their crazy abbreviations and skinny jeans. I guess I'm getting old.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sadly, I understood it perfectly. Perhaps because they walked home from school in front of my house everyday. Watching Henry stalk them and then attack from the front porch was the best part. Book bags, papers, and chirren flying out into the street...