Friday, May 22, 2009

I think

my left leg might fall off... It'll disconnect right at the hip area. Also, noticed a nice swelling on my right 2nd toe and had fun running through the differential diagnosis in the kitchen with Kris last night. It's noticeable, right below the most distal joint. It's not really painful and definitely not inflamed. That rules out gout and pseudogout. I also started thinking - osteoid osteoma, chondrosarcoma, etc... and then realized it was a little squishy. That led me to...

BURSITIS! Bonus points if you knew it before you read the answer. I just think it's a little comical to get bursitis in the tiniest of joints. How much work does that toe do while I'm running? Weird.

Also, for your entertainment. I've been having some pretty vivid dreams since all this STEP study started. My dream last night was that Kris and I were vacationing somewhere like the Hamptons. We get to a 4-way stop. Kris kind of rolls through it and cuts off the other car. Then he nonchalantly says, "Sorry Kanye!" and waves. I look and sure enough, it's Kanye West in a white Rolls Royce. How funny is that?

1 comment:

R said...

I've been having very bizarre dreams as well, and randomly throughout the day I will tear up. I have no clue why! I think it's just emotional stress! Boo!