Monday, May 4, 2009

Study Day 4

Well, today isn't over yet, so here's hoping I finish the rest of the studying I need to before bed.

Here's what I did besides study:

Massage: FABULOUS. Got the "sports massage" instead of the regular Swedish. I needed it. I nearly cried when she dug her elbows into those tight little muscles around my neck (trapezius and levator scapulae anyone?) that are tight from 2 years of hovering over a desk studying and taking tests. But I really needed someone to dig their elbows in there! I feel much better now. Everybody should go get one of these - Massage Plus has some really great specials - 1 hour for $45; 1 hour couple's massage for $60. Seriously, just do it.

Academy Sports: bought some jelly belly sports beans and some Gu. The beans taste good, the Gu is nasty, but both help you get through really long runs. Also lucked out and found a comfy blue shirt for $2.88! I've never been in there and didn't realize all the good deals they have. Definitely going to start shopping there more often.

Grocery: stocked up on some food. Even managed to cook dinner. Somehow everything got ready at the same time. I love it when that happens. It's not too often that it does in this house :) Made turkey spaghetti with wheat noodles, boiled some fresh corn on the cob, salad with egg, and garlic bread.
Also stocked up on some yogurt and granola cereal to make some yummy little fruit parfaits. I had one at CUPS the other day which was delicious, but I paid $5 for it! That's just crazy! So I used frozen berries, granola cereal, low fat plain yogurt, and made 4 individual parfaits in tupperware for $5 total.

All in all it's been a fabulous day. Hoping I'll be really productive tomorrow since I got to relax so much today. Time will tell...

1 comment:

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

I thought about joining Massage Plus and doing the monthly thing. I think I'd get a lot of enjoyment/use out of monthly massages as my big splurge for med school. I stay tight in my neck and shoulders and love the relaxation of it!