Thursday, May 21, 2009

Scheduling Conflicts

Man, this is a toughie. I start my surgery rotation June 9th, right? Well, that weekend I have a tennis tournament (which means 4 games spread out over 2-3 days, and my team might have to forfeit without me)and half marathon (which I've already registered for, which means I've already coughed up $65). The next weekend Kris's little brother is getting married, so I'll need to be at the wedding Saturday. I e-mailed the surgery administrative assistant to ask if it would be possible to be off both of these weekends since you know, the surgery rotation is 12 weeks long and you know, 3rd year med students DON'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING besides hold back fat and answer ridiculous questions. I also told her I would be happy to keep my butt up there every weekend for the rest of the rotation.

Her reply was this: It'll be difficult. It won't be fair to your team members. Pick one weekend to be off and I'll schedule you for that one. If you feel comfortable asking your attending for the other weekend off you can do that on your own. Oh Lordy, I knew the actual surgeons were tough to deal with, but even the secretaries? Come on!

I'll be the one stewing in the corner if you need me...

1 comment:

Ewok said...

oh no! I wish I was on your team, I'd cover for you! I'll be on specialty then. Maybe you won't get put on call. Let me know if I can help!

Stupid surgery. I can already tell I'm not going to like this rotation...