Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well, it's not quite Christmas yet, but it may as well be. It's been freezing and drizzly here for the last few days. We've had 5 tests since the last time I wrote. Things have gone well!!! I managed to pass them all - even making a 96 on a developmental anatomy test and a 91 on a gross anatomy practical (over the thorax and abdomen - perhaps internal medicine is in my future?)...
Things are getting a bit more difficult, but overall I'm optimistic about it all. This might have something to do with the fact that we're over 1/2 way done and Christmas is looming and I haven't even had a mental breakdown or emotional meltdown or any of the above. That's a very good thing. At the beginning of the year they told us this was the hard part and by the end of last year about 40% of the M1s were on antidepressants. I've only had 2 slight hissy-fits and those were before the 1st 2 biochem tests. I know how to study for that now, so it's not so bad. There are only 4 more big test days before Thanksgiving and then just 4 after that before Christmas. This does not mean I only have 8 tests. This means I only have 8 days of testing - which usually last most of the day and cover 3 - 5 subjects. It's kind of like having my finals from undergrad all crammed into one day. Not fun.
Anyway, on to happier notes. The next test we have is November 5, so I'm taking a break and heading home this weekend. Our class has reserved Hal & Mal's for this Friday night for a Halloween party and I'm planning on going, but I need a good costume idea. Last year Kris was a devil and I was an angel and that worked out pretty well. We might have a repeat performance this year. Anyway, I shall be home this Saturday. I know Julz has already reserved me for dinner Saturday night, so if you want an appointment, you'd better book one fast! Time slots are filling up.

No comments: