Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And Then... I Beat the Class Average

So, the 1st 2 biochem tests did not go so well. We're talking 20 points below the class average. I'm no brain surgeon, but that's not good. Well, we got back our last biochem test today and let me tell you, the studying paid off. (And by studying I mean: my car did not leave the garage this past weekend, except for 1 late-night run to McDonald's). Not only did I pass, I *almost* made an A. The only 2 questions I missed on the new material were thrown out due to their amount of detail. So that means the only questions I actually missed were off the old material. Anyway, the point is, I beat the class average. This is a day that shall go down in history.
Also, I might actually be learning how to prioritize. I was planning on going to the fair tonight, but... then I realized I'm playing on Jennifer's tennis league tomorrow night and everyone knows it's a sin to do more than 1 fun thing a week when you're in med school. So instead I stayed at the gross lab with a study group from about 2:30 'til 8:30 with a dinner break in there. We got some learning done - let me tell you.
Randomly, I would like to give a shout out to my mother for all the tasty food she brought last week. It was so delicious, it's all gone *hint, hint...

2 comments:

Beth and David said...

Above class average is great!!! Hang in there and keep up the good work. Hope y'all have fun at the tennis match.

julzjubilee said...

FOCUS!!!!! I mean this is a tennis game right!