Monday, October 1, 2007

Fair Time!!!

For those of you not in the know, there was a test this morning. It was 46 biochem questions and 30 histology questions. Also, the questions were a tad-bit nit-picky as usual. I don't really know why I'm surprised anymore. It's probably because when I look back at old tests I see questions like this:

What is GIST?
A. gastrointestinal stromal tumor (***correct, in case you couldn't figure it out)
B. gastrointestinal superman theory
C. gastrointestinal stinky tract
D. gastrointestinal salad trap

Then, for our test, there are questions more like this:
There is a deficiency in the cKIT gene for GIST which leads to an upregulated expression of KT which causes cells to proliferate. What is the cause of GIST?
A. a single missense mutation leading to a defect in the 1st catabolic cascade.
B. a single missense mutation leading to a defect in the 2nd catabolic cascade.
C. a single nonsense mutation leading to the deletion of an entire amino acid.

Well, you get the point. Just rest assured that if you ever need a doctor and I refer you to one from my class, they're all rockstars. We probably have to know 3x as much as our older counterparts, so there...

Okay, maybe I'm still seething a little bit. I'm not bitter though - nope, not at all - ha.

Anyway, now that that nightmare is over, it's on to more important things like cramming everything I've wanted/needed to do for the last week into 1 or 2 days. These include:

1. washing my sheets - don't even want to think about how long it's been
2. going to wal-mart - need light bulbs, haven't been able to see in my room for the last week
3. cleaning house - Jennifer might kick me out if I keep on like this.
4. mowing the yard - if the Kris fairy doesn't get to it first... maybe i'll be surprised later.
5. planting some flowers - if I can remember to pick them up from Wal-Mart
6. going to the FAIR!!!

Yes, the Jackson fair is coming to town. It will be here Wednesday night. While I know that it is not technically the best night to go since the machinery is probably more likely to break down the 1st night due to faulty construction on site, I'm going to chance it. Maybe I'll give a review on it if I survive :)

No comments: