Saturday, June 13, 2009

13.1

Ran and finished my first half marathon this morning. I'm gonna be honest - I'm glad it's over! I don't think my body can withstand 80 hour weeks at the hospital and running this much. The only reason I spent ~80 hours at the hospital this week is because I was on call though, so that should ease up hopefully.

As for the half, I ended up seeing a lot of people I knew. That was fun. People I went to high school with, college, then some dental school kids as well. My cousin A and I ran it together. It got kind of warm towards the end and was in full sun for about the last 2-3 miles. My body did not like that! I was getting cold chills and just praying I didn't keel over right there on the pavement. I really got an adrenaline rush at the 13.0 mile marker and was so relieved to cross that big finish line. It took me 2:38:03. I was 636/1055, so pretty much right in the middle. That's fine with me!

Now it's time to rest, hydrate, eat, rest, hydrate eat. I haven't left the bed yet the few hours I've been home this week and I don't plan to until Monday. I'll post about a typical day on Acute Care Surgery later.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am DYING this morning. Didn't do the ice bath yesterday & can BARELY move this morning. I hurt all over. Must have more coffee & a lot of ibuprofen!!!

frylime said...

yay!!! congrats on finishing! i wonder if you saw my mom...

R said...

So proud of you for finishing! That has got to be a great big sigh of relief!