Monday, May 3, 2010

Runner's Log

Just completed a wonderful run over by the Reservoir. Nearly the whole run had a gorgeous view of the water. Started over on Breakers Lane, then wound around a few curves and went out to the little lookout point that jets off into the middle of the water. Very fun. Penelope enjoyed it too, but got VERY tired.

4.05 miles, 40'25", 9:58 per mile (wahoo! that's a personal best!)

The funny part - saw my next door neighbor (the man who complained about the dog) walking as I was running back to my car. Then as I'm pulling into my driveway, he pulls into his at the exact same moment. Weirdness. I immediately shut the garage door and scurried into the house to avoid conversating with him. Just not on my list of things to do today.

As for my March running total, it came out to 29.5 miles or some nonsense like that. Typical that the goal was 30.0 and I'd come out to 29.5. This seems like the perfect occasion to "curve" that score to an even 30. Don't you think?

No comments: