Sunday, February 7, 2010

Eventful or Uneventful? You Make the Call

I was on call today. Yes, Super Bowl Sunday. I wasn't that upset about it since I usually just enjoy the food/festivities more than the actual game. Here's the thing though...


We got there at 8am and I just got home. We stayed 13.5 hours and each saw 1 patient. That's it. My 2 partners had already gotten their patients and finished working them up hours before my veteran came in. Then I go see him, take a full history and do a full physical, and my resident tells me not to even finish my note - just sign it over to him and he'd do it. I guess it was nice of him, but I really wish he would have just assigned that patient to me in the morning rather than make me wait and wait and wait and then not even finish the note on him. I REALLY wish he would have sent my poor partners home. They finished their work and had to sit for hours while the game was on and family and friends were partying it up. I felt terrible for them! All waiting for a patient for me to come in. Oh well. Tomorrow we'll get to go home by 3:30 or so, so that will be nice. Granted, we'll get there at 5:30 or 6, but no complaints here!

Anyway, congrats to the Saints!!! I enjoyed watching the 1st 2 quarters and the last 3 minutes of your Superbowl. I enjoyed hearing squeals and shrieks of joy during the 3rd and 4th quarters echoing down the halls of the VA while I was asking my veteran about his bowel habits.

Oh yeah, and I ran 1.5 miles on Friday. Subtract that from whatever :) My treadmill is officially broken and I could just about cry :(

About to take a bath, get in bed, and do it all over again in 8 hours. Oy. This rotation would be so much more bearable if we got more than 4 days off this month.

1 comment:

frylime said...

you are AWESOME for running the treadmill DOWN!!!