Sunday, March 21, 2010

Runner's Log

I've been slacking when it comes to updating my running on here, but oh well. I've been keeping up with it in my planner.

Went for a run yesterday on the Ridgeland Multipurpose Trail near my house. It's a 2 mile run to the craft center, then 2 miles back to the car. The goal was to change it up from my usual intervals of run/walk/run/walk, so I just ran incredibly, almost painfully, slow at the beginning and managed to make it the whole 1st 2 miles without stopping! Hooray! Then Penelope and I stopped for a water break at the craft center on the Natchez Trace and started the run back. I had to stop one time because Penelope got all tangled in a thorny branch and then during her flipping out session she swung it over to me so we were both tangled. Every time I tried to move another thorn would get caught in my legs. Ouch!!! Managed to get untangled and then stopped and walked 2 more times for about 1 minute each. Here's the breakdown:

4.0 miles run, 55 minutes, 1 thorny branch entanglement


Also, if you like running with a dog that happens to pull you, you might want to buy this thing:



It looks a little scary, but it's wonderful! The mouth part stays nice and loose as long as the dog is relaxed. It even allows them to drink water. The second they lunge forward (after a bird, fellow dog, whatever) it cinches a little tighter around their snout so they can't bite. It also keeps them from pulling you off over into the bushes or putting strain on your arms while running. It's fabulous. It doesn't hurt Penelope at all and she's gotten so much better about running beside me and not trying to drag me! Makes running much easier. I got mine for about $15 at Petsmart. It's black and blends with her fur so it doesn't look like I have a crazy muzzled dog :)

3 comments:

E said...

Just last night at supper with some friends, they were showing me this thing! I'm not a runner (at all!!), but after the baby comes... I'd like to get back in the habit of walking & I will DEFINITELY need this!!

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat backlinks[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known ways to produce an income online.

julzjubilee said...

haha, this was a funny post! Glad you and Penelope had a good (if slightly dangerous time)! I may get my dad one of these for his new dog (for walking).