Monday, December 7, 2009

Quotable Quotes

Just got off the phone with my dear grandmother who turned 81 a few days ago. I was calling to wish her a belated happy birthday and we got to discussing my cousin A who recently ran her first marathon. Here's how it went:

Mam-Maw: You know C (another cousin of mine) ran that same race A ran in?
Me: Yeah, and M and D ran the 1/2 marathon. (M and D are C's parents.)
Mam-Maw: We've got some nuts in this family!!!
Me: Yeah, I know :)
Mam-Maw: I'd be bitching and complaining the whole time if I had to run that!
(This is the first time I've heard my grandmother say the "b-word" and I almost can't contain my laughter. Who am I kidding - I never contain my laughter.)
Me: Yeah, I imagine so.
Mam-Maw: I think A was sore for a whole day afterwards. I would have been sore for a whole year!

Gotta love it. I'm very proud of all of my running cousins. Not sure if I ever want to do a marathon. We've been studying a bit of nephrology on Medicine and knowing that bits of muscle that have broken down get all clogged in your kidneys is really not making me want to do it.

3 comments:

Cousin A said...

Glad you didn't tell me about muscles clogging the kidneys before the race. Although I must disagree: I peed no fewer than 6 times during the race. LOL. (j/k)

Cousin A said...

Glad you didn't tell me about muscles clogging the kidneys before the race. Although I must disagree: I peed no fewer than 6 times during the race. LOL. (j/k)

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it