Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"What are you on?"


It's the first question all of us M3s ask each other when we pass in the hall or meet in the "student surgery lounge" - aka McDonald's in the hospital. It just strikes me as funny because I'm sure passersby are wondering if we're all asking each other what illicit drugs we're partaking of.

Speaking of illicit drugs... I've joined the M3/M4 book club and our book of the month is Mom's Marijuana. It's written by a psychologist, Dan Shapiro, who was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in his late teens or early 20s. His mother is your typical anti-drug mom, but when she finds out that marijuana will help with the side effects of chemo, she begins growing it in her garden of sunflowers for her son. The book is really great so far. I'm also anti-drug of course, but I think it's really interesting. The best part is that Dan Shapiro is actually coming to discuss it with us tomorrow at 3:00. I hope I'll be able to get out of whatever surgery or clinic they'll have me crammed in.

1 comment:

frylime said...

i'm sad, i couldn't go! you'll have to tell me all about it...