Monday, November 26, 2007

Crunch Time!

Well, it's officially crunch time. In 2 weeks and 5 days I will have finished my first semester - hooray! Now, we won't know for a few weeks whether or not I successfully finished the first semester, but it will be finished nonetheless. The only reason I'm able to blog right now is because I've decided to start bringing those little frozen dinners [+ Mom's homemade food] in an effort to save time and money. So, now I have a few extra minutes of dinner break to play.
The money problem is being solved. I'm signed up to do 5 transcriptions this week. At $40 a transcription - I will make $200 this week. Not too shabby, eh? Now, for the studying problem... That's not solved so easily. I just have to study until I can't study any more for the next few weeks and then even if I do badly I'll know I gave it all I could. I'm sorry school is all I talk about, but it's all I do these days.
Today we talked about a disease called "pica." I had heard of people eating clay before, but I never knew there was a whole disorder for it. These people eat things like clay, dirt, chalk, ice chips, etc... Our lecturer even said that at some truck stops you can find dirt and clay for sale - to eat - seriously. He then proceeded to ask the class if anyone had ever been to a truck stop and seen dirt for sale. Then about 5 people raised their hands. So I asked the girl beside me about it and she said that she has 2 aunts that have pica. They prefer chalk, and will bring each other chalk as presents from New York. P.S. - They're art teachers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry I didn't get to come to the fun night..I assure you it had NOTHING to do with the 'miscommunication.' I was sitting at Jason's working on my paper :( And unfortunately I don't have internet at my house so I didn't find out about get together until night before when Erin told me...sounds like yall had tons of fun though.. I really hate I missed it !!!!!!!!!!

*don't hate me*
**** ****

***************************
* *
* *
ok..that's supposed to be my sad face.. maybe too much wine in my system..OOPS!

julzjubilee said...

What freaks... I eat ice b/c it is good. Yum.

Anonymous said...

I grew up watching women scrape the red clay from the banks of the road where I lived. They especially craved it when they were pregnant. I haven't seen it lately.
Glad you are making a little change to halp fuel your car.

Anonymous said...

I meant to type "help" not "halp."