Monday, April 5, 2010

Runner's Log

2.25 miles; 20 minutes - around da neighborhood

My fellow partners and I started on Gyn Onc today. However... the only gyn onc attending is out of town all week and we have 1 patient who is just hanging out and waiting to be discharged. All this adds up to a pretty slim workday. I won't post the hours I actually worked today for fear that a few of my classmates might actually assassinate me.

Anyways, all that free time lead to lots of time to exercise my credit card at Wal-Mart and Academy Sports. I finally got some proper running shorts (Cousin A, are you proud?) I have been wearing old Soffe cotton shorts from high school and sometimes even tennis skirts to run in for the last few years. Terrible, I know. Also got some moisture-wicking shirts. T-shirts are probably the worst thing you can wear to run in (besides maybe a sweater?) because they trap all that hot air and moisture and just don't let go but I wear those a lot too. Maybe all this new gear will improve my running times. Ha ha. Also got a new Nike + system since my last one bit the dust and got lost.

I'm going to have to pack my lunch for the next 2 months to justify all the money I spent to run today :)

1 comment:

Cousin A said...

OMG!!! I am so proud of you! Moisture wicking t-shirts AND shorts? What's next? Moisture-wicking socks? This is so exciting. I feel you may have reached a new level in your running. We should take a run together & break all your new gear in!