Sunday, December 16, 2007

Back to the Real World

Ahh.... It's fun to be a normal person again. Tonight I get to go to... (gasp, wait for it....) Wal-Mart!!! I can even spend time looking at things other than the 5 frozen meals I used to grab on the go. Today I slept 'til noon. It was bliss. I spent all last night watching reruns of shows on ABC that I never got to see the 1st time. All is right with the world.

We got back our scores from the tests we had Monday in Gross Anatomy and Developmental Anatomy. I somehow managed to pass them both. I thought I'd made a 50 and an 80 on the Gross written and practical, but ended up with a 74 and a 74 - weird, huh? Class average was a 79, which is the lowest class average we've ever had on any test. I also thought I'd done terribly on the Developmental test, but ended up with an 83. Surely to goodness I passed those boards and never have to take those classes again.

The white coat burning ceremony was Friday night. All of us were running on about 2 hours of sleep, but it was a good time. If I can figure out how to post pictures on this thing I'll try. We didn't burn our white coats that we received at the white coat ceremony at the beginning of the year. Those are the nice ones we'll actually wear our 3rd year when we get to practice being doctors on unsuspecting patients. Instead we burned the nasty white lab coats we wore in gross lab all semester. I tried washing mine the 1st couple of weeks, but then decided it wasn't worth the time or trouble. It also made Jennifer's laundry room and garage smell like dead people and she didn't like that too much. So, I think my lab coat went at least 2 1/2 months without being washed. It smelled great :) It looked even greater - blech.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me and called me and texted me during this stressful time. I really appreciate it and I know that's what got me through the week without going completely bonkers. Kris surprised me with a new kitten a few nights ago. She's tiny and black, but seems to be turning a dark grey. Jennifer named her Sadie. She's a cutie :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) congrats on finishin your tests...time for you to come home and part-ay with your gurls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!